Before development of dental implants, dentures were the only alternative to replacing a missing tooth or teeth.
Are you missing a tooth? Then look no further for a dental implant. At Kevin Holly DMD PLLC, we boast a patient-oriented clinic that focuses on exceptional care. After all, Dr. Kevin Holly and our team want to give you a smile worth smiling about. That’s why we’ve invested in a highly equipped, versatile office to care for all your needs. As such, we offer the best dental implants in Greenville, North Carolina.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a reconstructive treatment we offer to rebuild your dream smile. Medical-grade titanium posts are embedded into the jaw to mimic a natural tooth and keep your jaw aligned. We cap the posts with natural crowns that blend seamlessly into their environment. Although dental implants are famously durable, you can positively impact the lifespan of your dental implants with healthy oral habits. The titanium post can last the rest of your life with proper care, while the dental crown needs to be replaced every 10-15 years.
Benefits of Dental Implants?
- High Success Rate. Thousands of dental implants are performed daily, with an incredibly high success rate. All our dental implants are FDA-approved, effective, and safe.
- Match Your Natural Teeth. Dental implants won’t stand out like a sore thumb. On the contrary, they won’t stick out at all! We build all our crowns with natural ceramic or porcelain and color them exactly to match your existing teeth.
- Implants Can’t Get Cavities. Artificial teeth don’t decay or get cavities. While it’s still important to clean daily to protect your teeth and gums, our implants are cavity-free for life.
- Easy Care. Unlike other dental procedures, which may require special care or attention, implants are incredibly low-maintenance. There’s no need for cups, special flossers, adhesives, or cleansing tablets!
- Support Adjacent Teeth. When one of your teeth goes missing, the surrounding teeth lose form and start to “creep” into the open area. Over a long enough period, this can cause severe misalignments and jaw imbalances. Protect your other teeth with a dental implant today.
- Improve Speech. Teeth are essential in speech. They help control our tone, sounds, and level of clarity. When you’re missing a tooth, it impairs your speech and muddles your words. Dental implants offer a long-term solution for a replacement tooth and crystal-clear speech.
Alternatives to Dental Implants
While dental implants are safe and durable, there are a variety of other treatments available to restore your smile:
- Dental Bridges. Dental bridges are a less-invasive method for restoring your smile. While non-surgical, it’s less durable and more prone to loosening. Instead of drilling into the jaw, we cap each surrounding tooth with a new crown and bridge between them with a replacement tooth.
- Partial or Full Dentures. If you’re missing multiple teeth, dentures may be for you. Instead of numerous tooth implants, we can use partial or complete dentures to fix them all simultaneously.
Are Dental Implants Safe?
Yes! Dental implants are a surefire way to restore any tooth when done correctly. As with all dental procedures, however, there are potential complications. Due to its surgical nature, possible side effects include nerve damage, injury to the gums, or implant fractures. While extremely rare, they may occasionally occur.
Dental Implants in Greenville, North Carolina
At Kevin Holly DMD PPLC, there’s no reason you can’t have the smile of your dreams. Dr. Kevin Holly and our team are proud to offer extraordinary care and long-lasting results using the most advanced technology and techniques available. With dental implants and our other restorative treatments, we can restore any smile to its former glory.